When providing training to an employee concerning work involving exposure to harmful, strenuous or hazardous agents identified during the risk analysis as critical points likely to pose a risk to employee health and safety, the employer or person in charge of the employee reminds them of the following:
- existing risks,
- risk prevention measures,
- actions to counter and mitigate the risks posed by the existing threat,
- the need for protective clothing and/or other personal protective equipment.
The person providing the training makes sure that the information given is understood by the employee and answers any questions they may have. During work, he/she supervises the employee’s compliance with health and safety rules.
Examples of work requiring a reminder of health and safety rules during training are:
- work involving the use of harmful and/or flammable substances,
- working in a harmful or arduous environment (fumes of noxious substances, low oxygen content, low or high temperatures),
- working at heights,
- working with power tools,
- working in the vicinity of machinery and motor vehicles.
Lack of adequate knowledge of the risks can lead to negative consequences for the health and life of the farmer and his colleagues as a result of the following factors:
- mechanical (e.g. moving machinery, its moving, sharp and protruding parts, falling objects, live animals),
- chemical (e.g. contact with plant protection products, fertilisers, fuels and lubricants ) and dusty (e.g. grinding, sanding, crushing, soil cultivation, threshing, cutting wood, sowing, spreading fertiliser or other loose substances),
- adverse thermal conditions and atmospheric factors (e.g. temperature fluctuations, variable humidity, precipitation, draughts),
- biological (e.g. infectious agents of animal origin: viruses, bacteria, protozoa and fungi; allergens and toxins produced by crops and by plant and animal pathogens),
- electric current (e.g. faulty construction of equipment, failure to comply with health and safety regulations, recklessness),
- noise (e.g. during the operation of machinery or equipment).