When organising a waste warehouse, the types and properties of the substances stored in the facility must be taken into account. However, there are rules that must be met for almost all wastes arising from agricultural activities that are hazardous measures, such as:
- marking of the room from the outside informing about the storage of hazardous waste and the existing risks,
- ventilation to ensure an adequate number of air changes from the outside,
- temperature suitable for storing agrochemicals,
- adequate humidity,
- weatherproofing (sunlight, precipitation),
- appropriate fire-fighting equipment, sorbent and a container for used sorbent
- security against access by third parties.
The warehouse should have:
- impermeable flooring (concrete), made of non-combustible, easily washable, slip-resistant, impact-resistant and corrosion-resistant materials,
- barriers to prevent the spread of spilled liquids, protecting against surface and groundwater contamination,
- have health and safety instructions, fire-fighting instructions. placed in a visible place.
In any case, the information on the product labels should be consulted, as this will provide indications for the storage of specific substances, as well as rules for dealing with inadvertent releases into the environment. Depending on the quantity of chemical preparations used, sorbents or spill collection stations, e.g. sump trays, should be secured in proportion to the quantity stored to collect the liquid potentially leaking from a damaged container. Details include:
- Regulation of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development of 22 May 2013 on the procedure for the use and storage of plant protection products (Journal of Laws 2013 item 625) isap.sejm.gov.pl/isap.nsf/DocDetails.xsp?id=WDU20130000625 Regulation of the Minister of Climate of 11 September 2020 on detailed requirements for waste storage (Journal of Laws 2020 item 1742)
- isap.sejm.gov.pl/isap.nsf/DocDetails.xsp?id=WDU20200001742 and
- Regulation of the Minister of Economy of 5 October 2015 on the detailed manner of handling waste oils (Journal of Laws 2015, item 1694) isap.sejm.gov.pl/isap.nsf/DocDetails.xsp?id=WDU20150001694